It’s a great way to get the most out of your skin, but it’s also a great way to get the most out of your skin, so it’s a great way to get the most out of your skin.
Production method: Pure natural lavender essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the lavender inflorescence, which is the uppermost flower of the lavender, as shown below.
The oil yield rate of lavender essential oil is between 0.5%~2.5% depending on the species, and among the common flower essential oils, the oil yield rate is relatively high.
Lavender inflorescence color Commonly common lavender is purple, but not all lavender is purple, there is also white, pink, blue, etc.
Types of Lavender
- The morphological classification of the plant is generally divided into freesia (Lavender),broad-leaved lavender,lavender,Feathery lavender etc.
- Cultivated plants are usually divided into two main groups according to their use.
Essential Oil Lavender
- The essential oils of lavender are divided into three main categories.
spike of lavender
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- Characteristics: The best quality of the three essential oils of lavender, mostly used in the manufacture of fine perfumes and fragrances.
- Distribution: Mediterranean, Provence
- Aroma: Sweet floral aroma, no stray odor
- Efficacy: sedative, as an antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiseptic, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, etc.
- Characteristics: A hybrid mixture of lavender and spike lavender, yield 1% to 2.5%, 10-15kg of essential oil per mu.
- Distribution: mainly produced in France, small quantities in Italy, Spain, Bulgaria and other countries, China’s Xinjiang Yili region, Shaanxi, Shandong, Sichuan, Zhejiang and other places also began to produce
- Fragrance: sweet lavender floral aroma, and lavender oil aroma is similar to less floral, fresh eucalyptus-like head fragrance without obvious camphor smell, fragrance is worse than lavender essential oil, better than spike lavender essential oil.
- Effects: Less relaxing and calming than lavender oil, other effects are similar.
spike of lavender
- Features: oil yield between 0.5% and 1.1%, large annual production, low price point, relatively easy to buy
- Distribution: Native to France and Spain, introduced in Xinjiang region of China, commercial cultivation has been reported.
- The aroma is coarse and strong, but also longer, stronger and more stable, far less floral, soft and beautiful than the aroma of real lavender oil.
- Efficacy: Compared to real lavender essential oil, its effect is the opposite, it does not have a sedative effect, but has a better refreshing effect, strong sterilization and strong anti-viral ability, other effects are similar to real lavender.
- Categories: spanish spike lavender and french spike lavender, spanish spike lavender has a higher ketone content, so it is more toxic and should be used with caution.
How to use Lavender Essential Oil
●Nervousness: add 3 drops of lavender to a hot water bath, or fumigate or sniff with lavender.
●Stress induced anxiety: 2 drops of lavender, soak in a hot bath or dilute and massage.
Anti-depressant: 2 drops each of lavender and peppermint or rose, add to a bath or diluted with a massage.
1. 1-2 drops of essential oil on your pillow while you sleep.
2. 4 drops of essential oil to fumigate in the bedroom at bedtime (be sure to use a plug-in fumigator as much as possible, or drop directly onto an electric mosquito. This is because using a candle to heat the fumigation method burns oxygen in the air, causing reduced oxygen in the bedroom, making some people feel dizzy from lack of oxygen). This is a treatment for insomnia.
3. 4 drops of essential oil, add to a bath for 20 minutes.
●Scalding: At the beginning of a skin burn, quickly apply a few drops of lavender essential oil to the burned area and spread it evenly.
●Cuts and scrapes: 3 drops of lavender, 3 drops of tea tree, add the essential oil into 90ml of distilled water to make a wound detergent. Please shake well before use.
Add 5 drops of lavender and 2 drops of peppermint to 30ml of base oil, then gently rub chest and back.
●Cold and flu: 3 drops of lavender, 2 drops of peppermint, fumigate in the bedroom.
For sore throat: 1 drop of lavender, 2 drops of tea tree, add the essential oil to a bowl of hot water (1000ml) and inhale the hot steam (5-10 minutes). You can also put a drop on a handkerchief and inhale the vapors with a simple inhalation.
●Foot and foot pain: 2 drops of lavender, 2 drops of rosemary, 2 drops of peppermint Put the essential oil drops into hot water and soak your feet. 10 minutes later, it will eliminate foot fatigue and foot pain.
- 2 drops of lavender, 2 drops of rosemary, add 5ml of body massage base oil and massage on the waist and joints.
- 2 drops of lavender, 2 drops of tea tree, add to 15ml of oil base and massage in a localized way or use a bath.
- 6 drops of lavender, 4 drops of rosemary, add 25ml of base oil to make a massage oil, then massage the painful area.
2 drops of lavender, 2 drops of rosemary, add 5 to 10ml of vinegar or milk to dilute and pour into a bath.
High blood pressure: 5 drops of lavender, 4 drops of peppermint added to slightly hot water for bathing, people with high blood pressure should not take a hot bath. You can also use fumigation method. Add 3 drops of lavender and 3 drops of peppermint to 10ml of base oil for massage.
Bronchitis: 3 drops of lavender, 3 drops of ginger, used as a fumigation or bath.
Athlete’s foot: Add 5-7 drops of lavender oil to a bowl of warm water and soak your feet.
●Car sickness: Apply the right amount of lavender directly to your nostrils and temples. Or drop on a tissue and inhale directly.
- 6 drops of lavender, 3 drops of tea tree or 6 drops of chamomile, and sit in a bath with the above essential oils for about 15 minutes daily to cure vaginismus.
- add 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil in hot water, and then use a towel to soak, wash or cover, can play an obvious role.
● Insect repellent and insect bites: 30 drops of lavender in 100ml of base oil or a little water, rub directly or apply by massage on exposed skin.
- Mix 1 drop of lavender and 2 drops of peppermint with 5ml of carrier oil and apply to bruises.
Add 2 drops of lavender and 2 drops of rosemary to a bowl of hot (1000ml) or cold water and apply as a hot/cold compress.
●Sunburn and Acne: Add 2 drops of essential oil to 1ml of grapeseed oil (or add 1 drop of essential oil to a small amount of moisturizing gel and apply directly to acne and sunburned areas…). For oily skin with large pores, apply the oil directly to pimples and sunburned areas.
●For oily skin with large pores: add 1-3 drops of essential oil to your morning and evening cleanser, it can purify the skin, reduce pores, make the skin white, nourish the skin and regulate the body fragrance.
●Add 5-7 drops of essential oil in water and spray it on the room, furniture, flowers and sofa to get rid of odor, keep the air fresh and drive away mosquitoes and flies in summer; hang the waste cloth with essential oil in the wardrobe or bathroom to repel insects and sterilize; or put the handkerchief with essential oil in the pocket to get rid of body odor and soothe the body and mind.
●Add 5 drops of essential oil to the water in the aromatherapy stove, light the stove, the essential oil and the light fragrance can calm your emotions, relieve stress, fight depression, increase your enthusiasm for work and improve your work efficiency.
●Aromatherapy bath: Put 5-7 drops of essential oil into the warm water of the bathtub and soak for 15-30 minutes, it can relieve nerves, eliminate fatigue, boost mood and increase self-confidence.
●Dermatitis / acne / freckles: Add 5 drops of essential oil into 10ml of base oil and massage gently for 15 minutes, the skin can effectively promote cell regeneration and balance skin secretion.